Saturday, August 27, 2011

Collaboration

If you ever want to really amp up the creativity in your art work ~ collaborate with someone!  Not only is it more fun, but the ideas grow exponentially when you work together.  I know when I sit down to create jewelry with a friend we're always critiquing and improving each other's work.  The other day I asked my husband to bend some spoons for me to make into bracelets. He did a few and they turned out like this:


I love it!  I'm so excited about these and I have a bunch of ideas for more! 

So anyway, while he's out there bending spoons he thinks maybe I should make necklaces too.  I hadn't thought of that, but told him I would certainly try it.  And here's what happened:


I love this too!  It turned out so much better than I expected ~ and without him I would not have even thought to try it.  He's still out there bending spoons and has lots more ideas for me.  The only downside to this collaboration is that I don't think I can keep up with him!!

Thank you Dusty ~ You Rock!!

No comments:

Post a Comment