Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Great Studio Clean Up

WARNING:  This post will be image heavy, and mildly alarming ~ small children and those with OCD should look away!  :)

I'm so embarrassed I can't believe I'm sharing this!  My studio is in a convenient location to be the dumping ground for everyone in the house.  If you don't know where it goes, just put it in the studio "Mom will deal with it".  Okay, that might work if Mom actually dealt with it.  But I don't.  Usually, I'm in a hurry so I just push the stuff into piles to get it out of my way, then dig through it to find stuff that I "know" is in there. You know the drill, I can't possibly be alone in this!

Anyway, here are the before pictures.  I should have taken a picture of the floor, the game trails were a nice touch!


 

 


SEVERAL hours later..... The studio looked like this:


 
 














Sooooo worth it!  I can find stuff again (well, except for the stuff I'm currently packing all over creation!)

There is one small remaining problem.....

I didn't touch the glass storage.  To be honest, the task is so overwhelming I'm afraid to start. 

                                                                                  Under the torch:
Torch Table:
                                                                        
                                                     






And the all important "oh, there's an empty spot" method of actually storing the glass.

I want labels, I want organized by color, I want to know what I need BEFORE I place an order.  I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Anyone want to come help? There might be some glass in it for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment